YNPN Chapter Leader Newsletter - June 2019
Dearest chapter leader colleagues and friends --
I trust everyone is enjoying their summer! Though my apologies to anyone who has to do any kind of scheduling whatsoever, a special good luck and best of wishes to you my friend!
Beyond timely and poignant cartoons, we'll quickly highlight the following items:
- Extended deadline for the Leaders Institute request for session proposals
- YNPN National strategic plan
- YNPN National board outreach to chapters
- Upcoming Chapter Congress call & events
- Registration & join us for the Leaders Institute
First off, I am so super proud of everyone who has applied to present at the upcoming Leaders Institute! We already have a record number of proposals submitted and a number of you have reached out requesting an extension to submit even more proposals.
If we're going to set a record, may as well really go for right? So, we are going to extend the deadline to submit to Sunday, June 23rd at 11:59pm Pacific. It is only a few days as we still need time to review the proposals and get back to applicants in a reasonable time frame.
If you haven't already, you can read the full strategic plan here. With the release of this strategic plan, we are beginning to center the results we want to achieve in our work by using a framework known as Results Based Accountability. By engaging our program population of emerging leaders in the nonprofit sector, we aim to achieve the following results:
1. Emerging leaders are empowered and equipped with the skills and competencies to realize YNPN’s vision of stronger communities supported and strengthened by a diverse and powerful social sector.
2. Staff and leadership in the nonprofit sector represent the diversity of our communities.
3. Careers in the nonprofit sector are individually, organizationally, and economically sustainable.
We'll be talking more about the strategic plan on our next Chapter Congress call on June 26 and at the Leaders Institute in Chicago from August 10 - 12.
The National board members have begun their outreach to every single chapter. Please be sure to check your chapter's official email account (i.e., my home chapter's official email is firstname.lastname@example.org). This account is the one that the National board members have reached out to. If you do not see your outreach email by the end of June please let me know at email@example.com.
We hope to see you at the upcoming YNPN events:
Additionally, there are many communities celebrating Get a Beer and Undo Nonprofit Power Dynamics Day this Friday, June 21st! If you're in the area, check out these wonderful events in:
Grab yourself a BEER (Beverage to Enhance Equity in Relationships) and let's help create a more equitable sector!
And finally, what kind of newsletter would this be if we didn't hype up the Leaders Institute?!
Highlights of this year’s Leaders Institute include:
- Peer-led workshops which give chapter leaders the chance to share their chapter’s expertise in an area and participants the chance to learn with and from their peers.
- One-on-one career and leadership professional coaching sessions.
- Evening social and networking events aimed at strengthening YNPN Chapter Leader relationships.
- Deep Dive sessions which offer attendees the unique opportunity to spend a full day thinking and learning about Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; Network Leadership; or YNPN Strategy.
So come join us in Chicago, August 10-12 for a great weekend of professional development & networking! Early bird rates are still live but will end after July 10. Learn more and register here today!
Plenty of wonderful activities to do in Chicago! Join us for an evening at Hamilton, check out the Hull House, be sure to get your obligatory picture at the bean, but maybe stay away from the Willis Tower Observation Deck for a bit....
Chapter Support Fellow
Young Nonprofit Professionals Network