YNPN Chapter Leader Newsletter - July 2019
It is hard to believe there's less than one month until the Leaders Institute!! We hope that you can join us in Chicago and in this month's newsletter we'll quickly highlight the many options for you to engage with all the Leaders Institute happenings!
I've been watching the primary debates and I know how people like plans so I've outlined a simple 5 point plan for tackling the Institute.
Have you ever attended an event or conference and not been sure how to effectively "network"?
Prior to the Leaders Institute, be sure to check out the revamped list of Program Xchanges! On Wednesday, July 31 at 8:00 PM EST, we'll be hosting "Keeping it Real: Getting the Most Out of Your Conference Experience Without Being Awkward" with YNPN's own Amber Cruz Mohring. As the National Consultant to YNPN and an experienced event manager, Amber will share her expertise on:
- Approaches to preparing for conferences
- Strategies for networking at conferences
- Processes for following up on connections made & lessons learned
All to ensure you get the most out of your conference experience!
After the Leaders Institute join us for our other upcoming Program Xchanges!
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion as a Practice
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 | 8:00 PM EST - Led by Maryam Abdul, YNPN Advocacy Fellow
Communicating Chapter Value: Strategies for Engaging, Recruiting, & Retaining Members
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 | 8:00 PM EST - Led by Keith Timko, Nonprofit Support Center & Alliance for Nonprofit Management
It's that time of year again to start putting together your roll call information! This year we are going to change things up just a little bit to make the roll call a little more dynamic. Last year we got to see everyone show off their wonderful PowerPoint skills, this year we want to see what you can do with video!
We are asking you to prepare a 3 minute video answering 3 questions:
- What chapter you're representing and your role;
- What recent accomplishment your chapter is most proud of; and
- What your chapter is looking forward to.
Feel free to get creative, show off your town, board, and/or favorite coffee shop! Once you've made your video, send a copy of it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 2 so we can make an awesome YNPN compilation!
Determine Which Leaders Institute Experience is Right For You
While the early bird pricing has already flown the nest, there are still a few different options for the Institute!
- Attend all three days at the regular rate ($289 + processing fees)
- Attend all three days AND join us for Hamilton
- Attend just the Deep Dive sessions on Sunday, August 11 ($150 + processing fees)
- We're opening the Deep Dives up to ALL members, not just Chapter Leaders like the rest of the conference and expect these to fill up quick!
Remember to review the Justification Tool-kit to help make the case to your employer or a potential funder!
Make Your Travel Plans
Planes, trains, automobiles, whatever your preferred mode of transportation is - Chicago has it! It's even one of the most bicycle friendly cities in the U.S.!
Don't forget that YNPN National has secured a block of hotel rooms at the Wyndham Grand with a discounted rate of $189 + taxes currently at 17.4%. To make a reservation, please visit https://book.passkey.com/e/49934898. Reservations must be made by Friday, July 19 at 6:00 PM EST in order to secure the discounted rate. After the discount expires, the rate jumps up to approximately $225 + taxes. Book soon and save!!
We'll See You at the Leaders Institute!!
Highlights of this year’s Leaders Institute include:
- Peer-led workshops which give chapter leaders the chance to share their chapter’s expertise in an area and participants the chance to learn with and from their peers.
- One-on-one career and leadership professional coaching sessions.
- Evening social and networking events aimed at strengthening YNPN Chapter Leader relationships.
- Deep Dive sessions which offer attendees the unique opportunity to spend a full day thinking and learning about Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; Network Leadership; or YNPN Strategy.
So come join us in Chicago, August 10-12 for a great weekend of professional development & networking! Learn more and register here today!
Okay, bear with me...one last thing about the Leaders Institute!
For those of you that responded to the Leaders Institute Request for Proposals THANK YOU!! We had a banner year and we are really excited for this year's proposals. I apologize for the delay in notifying successful proposals, the amount caught the review team a little off guard but a final decision will be made by Sunday, July 14. For those that are notified, you will also receive a discount code for the Institute to register at the early bird rate - the code will be limited to just the speakers.
Beyond the Leaders Institute:
We have a few other upcoming events to look into!
- Chapter Leader Online Happy Hour - July 18, 2019 at 08:00 PM EST
- Keeping it Real: Getting the Most Out of Your Conference Experience Without Being Awkward - July 31, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion as a Practice - August 28, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST
- Chapter Leader Orientation - September 10, 2019 at 08:00 PM EST
- Chapter Congress Meeting - September 24, 2019 at 08:00 PM
- Communicating Chapter Value: Strategies for Engaging, Recruiting, & Retaining Members - September 25, 2019 at 8:00 PM EST
And finally, a big thank you to those that have joined the Affiliation Agreement Think Tank!
We're excited for this process and opportunity to build a stronger network with you!
Chapter Support Fellow
Young Nonprofit Professionals Network