The purpose of Framing Issues with a Racial Equity Lens module is:
- To understand the power of ‘framing’
- To learn how ‘re-framing’ is an important tool for building effective strategies for racial equity and change
- To explore how media coverage and public discourse can be shifted to impact outcomes
This tool would be helpful for chapters as they are thinking about how to incorporate a racial equity lens in their chapter work.
This 2015 handbook by City of Ottawa enables us to be systematic, consistent and coherent in our efforts to move equity and inclusion forward in all the work we do. The Lens helps us to:
- Generate better solutions by incorporating a diversity of perspectives
- Take positive steps to remove systemic barriers and promote inclusion
- Create a more positive and respectful work environment
Incorporating an EDI lens to your day-to-day chapter work is essential to advancing YNPN's of stronger communities supported by a diverse and powerful social sector. This guide will be helpful as chapters think about incorporating an EDI lens to your chapter work.
This 2015 guide developed by YNPN National EDI Advisory Committee is a guideline for incorporating Equity, Diversity and Inclusion lens to chapter work. This is the first part of a series of EDI Priorities One-Pagers developed by the EDI Advisory Committee.