Hiring a NationBuilder Integration Coordinator (Paid Position!)
We're looking for a NationBuilder Integration Coordinator who can help support the onboarding onto NationBuilder and data work of their fellow chapter leaders. We've found that the NIC model is a great way for chapters to get timely technical support from a fellow chapter leader who has an understanding of the context and constraints that our chapters are working with.
This is a paid position with a stipend of $2,000 to cover a contract period from February to October of this year. We also cover the travel and registration costs for our NICs to attend the National Conference, which is worth nearly an additional $1,000. NICs spend 10 hours per week providing support and responding to questions from other chapters.
For more details on what the role entails, see the job description below.
System Set-up and Maintenance - 70%
- Help chapters with data cleaning for upload onto NationBuilder, including quality assurance of data before and after import.
- Guide chapters through content creation and migration onto their chapter’s NationBuilder website
- Understand metrics, collection processes and align chapter website and database with National’s metrics collection and reporting
- Provide one to one technical assistance to chapters (ie. response to troubleshooting requests)
Training - 20%
- Develop resources, or refine training materials to help with onboarding and import to the system.
- Run periodic group trainings or working sessions for chapters onboarding to Nationbuilder
Culture - 10%
- Espouse a data positive culture throughout the network
- Get chapters excited about the power of data: descriptive and analytic possibilities, impact assessments, etc.
- As the face of YNPN National’s integration with NationBuilder, you will be representing our data dreams! This can include writing blog posts or blurbs for Chapter Newsletters, Etc.
- Familiarity with YNPN (i.e. a chapter leader or very active chapter member)
- Knowledge of NationBuilder, both the front and back end
- Ability to teach and train peers on websites and database systems
- Customer service experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Available outside of regular business hours/flexible schedule
- Ability to work remotely and independently: supervision and team meetings will be conducted via Google Hangout
- February through October 2016
- 30-40 hours/month including check-in time. You have the freedom to schedule these hours around your full-time job or other commitments.
- Official title of “YNPN NationBuilder Integration Coordinator” and future job recommendations commensurate with job performance
- Opportunity for professional development in a supportive “learn by doing” environment, particularly in the following areas:
- Account management and customer service
- Peer coaching
- Writing (training materials and blog posts)
- Ability to present at YNPN National Leaders’ Conference on NationBuilder and YNPN data
- Opportunity to interact with chapter leaders from across the country
- Regular management and supervision meetings with YNPN staff, including performance review and recommendations for post-position professional development
- Excellent management and feedback environment
- Travel and registration covered for attendance to YNPN National Leaders’ Conference
- $2,000 paid in four installments
If you're interested in the NationBuilder Integration Coordinator (NIC) position, please get in touch with Co-ED Jamie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.