The Chapter Operating System (OS) came about in 2014 as YNPN went through unprecedented growth and needed to address chapters' and National's growing need for infrastructure and resources.
The Chapter OS aims to strengthen the YNPN network by providing local chapters with shared infrastructure and upgraded resources and operational support from YNPN National. These resources, along with a clear affiliation agreement between local chapters and YNPN National, will allow us to operate effectively and continue to be a leader in the sector and a reliable, accessible, effective leadership development space for young professionals.
There are six components to the Chapter Operating System:
- Clear affiliation between local chapters and National, which allows YNPN chapters to operate independently but with the support and resources of a national network.
- Foundational infrastructure for chapters like legal status and membership plan, which give chapters a solid base to build and innovate from
- Shared technology platform through NationBuilder, which allows for effective engagement and impact measurement at the local and national levels.
- Upgraded services that support chapter work, including an enhanced leaders site, technical assistance programs, and upgrades to current programs like the National Conference & Leaders Institute.
- Shared membership that connects members to the national movement and helps us harness the power of our network
- Shared investment that help keeps YNPN financially sustainable and autonomous.
To learn more about the Chapter OS, check out this overview and orientation document. You can also catch up on the history of the Chapter OS development via our blog and check out the resources below.
Chapter OS Resources
Work Areas for Onboarding